[Dovecot] creating skeleton Maildir

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Mon May 25 00:10:47 EEST 2009

Dear all,

when I had a courier installation still in place I used to create the
Maildir tree for a new user using its maildirmake (IIRC) utility. Now
that I had to rebuild a server from scratch, and using dovecot did not
install courier, I have to create Maildirs without that utility. I
seem to remember that libexec/imap could be called in a way to create
the Maildir and its required subfolders (.Sent, .Drafts, etc). Do I
remember correctly? If so what are the command line options? I cannot
find pointers in the wiki or elsewhere. If not, I will just create a
template and script the whole process.
Thanks

Giuliano