[Dovecot] status=bounced (Command died with signal 11: "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 26 04:40:28 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 10:02 +0200, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> On Friday 22 May 2009 09:49:49 Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On May 22, 2009, at 3:44 AM, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> > > I use dovecot 1.1.11 on ubuntu 9.04, when I want to send a message
> > > to an email
> > > adres on this mailserver I get this error:    status=bounced
> > > (Command died
> > > with signal 11: "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver".
> >
> > Signal 11 means it crashed. Is this reproducible every time? Having a
> > gdb backtrace from this crash would be useful. I suppose there's no
> > core file in the user's home directory? Hmm. Debugging it is probably
> > going to be annoyingly difficult..
>
> It is reproducable, how can I make a gdb backtrace? What is a core file?

Try this:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/gdbhelper /tmp/deliver.sh -d ${recipient}

And /tmp/deliver.sh contains:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 1
exec /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver $*

chmod +x /tmp/deliver.sh and deliver a mail. Hopefully you'll now
have /tmp/gdbhelper* file(s)? If so, copy&paste contents.