[Dovecot] offlineimap with dovecot and sieve

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Tue May 26 19:43:46 EEST 2009

On Ter, 26 Mai 2009, Dieter Faulbaum wrote:
> I have a dumb question, is it possible to use this combination:
>
> Synchronising a remote IMAP-server and a local dovecot-IMAP-server by
> offlineimap (with both types = IMAP), which works very well.
> But it seems, that my sieve-scripts on the local dovecot server are not
> recognised by this combination.
> Is there a good debugging way for this?

There isn't much to debug. They are not run because they are only run
when deliver is used to deliver mails to the user. When they are
directly copied to the mail boxes they are not run.

I believe you cannot do that with offlineimap. But if you can get a
program that downloads the e-mails from the other server and passes
them to the deliver (or to your MTA, which then passes them to
deliver) you'll achieve what you want.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br