[Dovecot] Timeout during imapsync

Craig Jackson CJackson at abbott-simses.com
Fri May 29 01:41:53 EEST 2009

<-----Original Message-----
<From: Timo Sirainen [mailto:tss at iki.fi]
<Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:12 PM
<To: Craig Jackson
<Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
<Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Timeout during imapsync
<
<On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 14:17 -0500, Craig Jackson wrote:
<> Hi,
<>
<> I'm using Imapsync to sync messages from an Exchange 2003 server to a
<> Dovecot 1.1.11 server. The problem is that users' mailboxes are huge,
<> several gigabytes with tens of thousands of messages. First Imapsync
<> connects to Exchange and then to Dovecot, and then starts to
<get Inbox
<> info from Exchange. By the time it gets this info, the connection to
<> Dovecot has timed out. I realize the RFC calls for a 30
<minute time out
<> which I believe is hard coded into Dovecot. If there is a way around
<> this by making a configuration change, please tell me.
<
<You could recompile Dovecot with smaller timeout. src/imap/common.h:
<
</* Disconnect client after idling this many milliseconds */
<#define CLIENT_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MSECS (60*30*1000)
<
<

Yes, Sir, that's what I figured and it did work. Thank you.