[Dovecot] Users with large (4GB) inboxes crippling dovecot

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri May 29 02:22:09 EEST 2009

<snip>

> I used to keep an eye on these clients, and set a "never leave mail on
> server" setting on my old server.  Not sure how to do this in Dovecot,
> though if I have my way, everyone is going to be on IMAP, though they
> are free to use it like POP if they want.
>
> Thanks again for your reply, impressive stats to me, considering the
> stats of where I am coming from.

With many kudos to Timo, dovecot gets better with each release. When I went
from UWImap to 0.99 the improvements were great. From 0.99 to 1.0, while not
as dramatic, was even better. 1.0 to 1.1 even better. The improvements aren't
as big from release to release, but they are noticeable. I would never go back
to UWImap for any reason.