[Dovecot] Postfix and Dovecot SASL

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 17:41:24 EET 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:45:33 +0100
Rene Bakkum <rene.bakkum at gmail.com> replied:

> [...]
> imap_client_workarounds(pop3):
> imap_client_workarounds(managesieve):
> pop3_client_workarounds(default):
> pop3_client_workarounds(imap):
> pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
> pop3_client_workarounds(managesieve):
> sieve_storage(default):
> sieve_storage(imap):
> sieve_storage(pop3):
> sieve_storage(managesieve): ~/sieve
> sieve(default):
> sieve(imap):
> sieve(pop3):
> sieve(managesieve): ~/.dovecot.sieve
> auth default:
>   mechanisms: plain login
>   passdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
>   userdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
>   socket:
>     type: listen
>     client:
>       path: /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth
>       mode: 432
>       user: postfix
>       group: postfix
>     master:
>       path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
>       mode: 384
>       user: vmail
>       group: vmail
>
> root at mail003:/etc/postfix# postconf | grep sasl
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> cyrus_sasl_config_path =
> lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
> lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
> lmtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
> lmtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
> lmtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
> lmtp_sasl_password_maps =
> lmtp_sasl_path =
> lmtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
> lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_security_options
> lmtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options =
> $lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options lmtp_sasl_type = cyrus
> proxy_write_maps = $smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name
> $lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name send_cyrus_sasl_authzid = no
> smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
> smtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
> smtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
> smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
> smtp_sasl_password_maps =
> smtp_sasl_path =
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
> smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtp_sasl_security_options
> smtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options =
> $smtp_sasl_tls_security_options smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
> reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_pipelining,
> permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_unauth_destination smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
> smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
> smtpd_sasl_path = private/dovecot-auth
> smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options

Use "postconf -n" to obtain what Postfix actually sees. All you are
showing is what is entered in the Postfix main.cf file. You can easily
enter garbage into that file that Postfix will ignore. Also, post the
complete output. Snippets are useless.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Why, every one as they like; as the good woman said when she
kissed her cow.

	Rabelais