[Dovecot] Upgrade Dovecot 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 on OS X (10.6.2)

Tom Kardos tom at tomandkylie.tk
Mon Nov 23 16:01:02 EET 2009

  Hi there, I've tried to update Dovecot to the latest version and have
come upon an error during make. Previous upgrades have all been very easy
(thank you!) and it appears that the updated make script includes a wget
command and unfortunately OS X does not come with wget by default (curl is
the default). Not being completely up to speed with the whole autoconf and
make process, I'm a little at a loss as to where to even look for making a
modification to use curl instead of wget - any assistance would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance Tom