[Dovecot] Mailbox locking problem with iphone and POP3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 3 04:48:21 EEST 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Mark Hedges wrote:

> Maybe Apple can fix the problem with the iphone client?
> Hrmm, I have no idea how to report it.

Do you know what exactly the "disconnects uncleanly" means? Can you
get some tcpdump logs? Either one of these should be fine:

a) Send POP3 "QUIT" message packet, drop connection.

b) Send TCP disconnect packet (whatever it's called), drop connection.

In both cases Dovecot knows that the connection is going away and can
unlock the mailbox. But if iPhone simply drops the connection without
sending anything, that's a bug..