[Dovecot] Dovecot fails when vpopmail is enabled

Sherin George list at sheringeorge.co.cc
Mon Oct 5 02:36:50 EEST 2009

Hello Friends,

-bash-3.2# dovecot --version
1.2.5
-bash-3.2# dovecot -n
# 1.2.5: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5xen x86_64 CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at example.com
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

I am trying to enable vpomail support in dovecot.

I modified default dovecot conf file as given below.

-bash-3.2# diff /etc/dovecot.conf /etc/dovecot.conf.original
691c691
< auth_cache_size = 1000
---
> #auth_cache_size = 0
886c886
<   passdb vpopmail {
---
>   #passdb vpopmail {
888,890c888,890
<     args = cache_key=%u%s *
<   }
<
---
>     #args =
>   #}

I am not able to run dovecot after this.

-bash-3.2# /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Stopping Dovecot Imap:                                     [FAILED]
Starting Dovecot Imap:                                     [  OK  ]
-bash-3.2# /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Stopping Dovecot Imap:                                     [FAILED]
Starting Dovecot Imap:                                     [  OK  ]
-bash-3.2# /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Stopping Dovecot Imap:                                     [FAILED]
Starting Dovecot Imap:                                     [  OK  ]
-bash-3.2#

Could some one please help me to find what went wrong.

--
Thanks,
Sherin