[Dovecot] Expire Plugin Configuration Question

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Mon Oct 5 04:01:49 EEST 2009

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 10/4/2009 7:50 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
>
>> I am very confused looking at the expires plugin and its configuration.
>> What is confusing me the most is that it appears that I have to
>> configure expiration globally, meaning, for example, that the Trash
>> mailbox expiration interval is the same regardless of the user.  What I
>> really am looking for is per-user configurable rules.
>>

> Hmmm... interesting. I don't think you can use extra fields for this
> now, but I wonder if it would be possible to modify expire plugin to do so?

Well, it's a bit disappointing to hear that it can't be done, but I'm
not surprised since that's what I was inferring from the documentation.
I was hoping to be able to configure a uniform expiration policy, just
like I currently use procmail to file my mail without having to have a
separate config for each client.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD