[Dovecot] How to calculate auth_cache_size ?

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Tue Oct 6 16:12:52 EEST 2009

I don't think you need to use anything very scientific. Too high
shouldn't hurt, I don't think memory is allocated needlessly. The
cache timeout value is probably more performance worthwile.

But to calc, I would go with about the number of logins you get per 5
or 10min.
I would think any logins over that period of time would probably be
the same user.