[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.5 - can't create auth listener

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 6 20:02:41 EEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 12:54 -0400, dovecot at nro.ca wrote:
> My configuration file is pretty basic so maybe someone can point out where
> I'm going wrong. I stripped out the few comments and unrelated settings.
..
> server a1 {

server blocks aren't basic and they've been unsupported almost forever.
Where did you even find out about them? I'd rather recommend just using
multiple dovecot installations with separate config files.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/RunningDovecot#Running_Multiple_Invocations_of_Dovecot

v2.0 finally adds proper support for separate certs per IP.