[Dovecot] Move messages marked as Spam

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Wed Oct 7 15:52:48 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 14:16 +0200, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, michel at casa.co.cu wrote:
>
> > my question is: where I put this:
>
> It depends on your Sieve version:
>
> cmusieve needs the script in <user-home>/.dovecot.sieve or you configure
> one script for all users.
>
> libsieve uses <user-home>/.dovecot.sieve, too, and you can configure pre-
> and post- sieve scripts.
>
> > require "fileinto";
> >
> > if header :contains "X-Bogosity" "Spam" {
> >       fileinto "Spam";
>
> add
>
>  	stop;
>
> here
>
> > }
> >
> > so that all messages that come to my users go into the spam folder?
> >

> > and how i handle messages that are marked as "Unsure"

> Well, the same? File it into SPAM_Unsure?
>
> Bye,
>
> - --

I use dovecot-1.1.18 for which I am using dovecot-sieve-1.1.7

I would define a single script for all my users, according to
documentation is declared using the variable sieve_global_path
= /etc/dovecot.sieve

my script:

require "fileinto";

if header: contains "X-Bogosity" "spam" (
         fileinto "Spam";
         stop;
)

my config:

mail_plugins = cmusieve quota
sieve_global_path = /etc/dovecot.sieve

saving changes, the saved messages as spam not moved to the spam
folder.

when I check in the logs I see this message: Per-user script path is
unknown. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve # location

defining the same path as the previous script in the plugin section, all
incoming messages for spam moves, all marked as spam and ham.

Plugin {

	sieve = /etc/dovecot.sieve
}

mx1 deliver (michel at casa.co.cu): msgid = <1254916568.4acc81d82712a @
home.com>: saved mail to spam

a question, after the script run for each incoming message, once the
filter matches any message marked as spam, the script create the folder
in the mailbox of my users and or i have create manually?

thanks