[Dovecot] Domain wild card aliases

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Tue Oct 13 16:00:06 EEST 2009

On 10/11/2009 05:42 PM Jerry wrote:
> Using Postfix with Virtual Users/Virtual Domains, I have configured
> it with a wild card entry; i.e., "*.mydomain.com"
>
> This works fine in Postfix; however, using Dovecot for delivery is
> causing the message to bounce since Dovecot does not have an entry in
> the "user passwd" or "userdb" file. I want to store the catch-all
> addresses in a separate mailbox. Can I use sieve for this or will that
> fail also?

Sieve will also fail, because dovecot does not know the user.

You could try to translate whatever at ronadom.example.com in
spambox at example.com using http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/CheckPassword

Or you will need an regular expression virtual_alias_map (see
postconf(5), virtual(5) and regexp_table(5) or pcre_table(5)).

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: fabaceae.0928614 at localdomain.org