[Dovecot] Homedir for sieve/LDAP

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 13 22:57:37 EEST 2009

> If you're not giving -d parameter to deliver, it doesn't do userdb
> lookup at all.
Ouch! I seem to be not only blind, but stupid, too. Of course, what should it look up otherwise!

However, I would still prefer an easier solution.

I just want deliver/Sieve. Sieve wants .dovecot.lda-dupes, therefore it wants a home dir. Since I use userdb ldap, I must fake a home dir in dovecot-ldap.conf. I must now even call deliver with -d.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to either
-- make sieve (optionally) put .dovecot.lda-dupes in sieve_dir
-- have a dovecot.conf home_dir parameter that, like mail_location, may be overridden by userdb?