[Dovecot] virtual Folder Plugin with "." Separator: [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist

Elmar Weber dovecot at elmarweber.org
Wed Oct 14 01:16:05 EEST 2009

Hello,

Elmar Weber wrote:
> I'm getting the message "[NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: <name>" from
> Thunderbird when I try to access any virtual folder.
>
> namespace private {
>   prefix = virtual.
>   separator = .
>   location = virtual:~/.maildir/.virtual
> }
 > [...]

I did some testing, and everything works when I seperate the folders
with / instead with ., so when I create a folder
~/.maildir/.virtual/test with a dovecot-virtual file everything works,
not when I following the naming scheme I'd derive from the
configuration: ~/.maildir/.virtual.test

Is this a problem of me missunderstanding or a configuration error?

ciao,
Elmar