[Dovecot] v2.0.alpha1 released

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Oct 14 02:20:25 EEST 2009

Ed W wrote:
> Actually, here's the original Nokia paper - just reading it now, seems
> quite interesting:
>
> http://research.nokia.com/files/NRCTR2008002.pdf

Contrary to the results in the nokia paper I find a few "low quality"
results from users who used the nokia battery monitor app to show that
an IDLEing wifi connection burns much more battery than a 3G
connection... The punchline either way you slice it is to reduce the
amount of time you wakeup the radio module, batch stuff up.

I need to go and grab my N95 and play with the voip stuff again - I
wonder if I can easily double the battery life just by raising the
re-register interval...

Ed W