[Dovecot] Autocreate plugin for some domains

Jose Luis Marin Perez jolumape_al at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:48:14 EEST 2009

Dear Timo,

 I'm trying to extend the configuration of vchkpw-wrapper.sh script by adding the expire plugin as follows:

#!/bin/bash

DOMAIN=`echo $VPOPUSER|sed s/^.*@//`

if [ "$DOMAIN" = "operaciones.qnet.com.pe" ]; then
  export USERDB_AUTOCREATE=INBOX.Spam
  export USERDB_AUTOSUBSCRIBE=INBOX.Spam
  export USERDB_EXPIRE="INBOX.Spam 1 INBOX.Spam.* 1"
  export USERDB_EXPIRE_DICT="proxy::expire"
  export EXTRA="USERDB_AUTOCREATE USERDB_AUTOSUBSCRIBE USERDB_EXPIRE USERDB_EXPIRE_DICT"
  set > /tmp/environment
fi

unset USER
exec $*

In the database no problem

mysql> select * from expires;
+-------------------------------------------+--------------+
| mailbox                                   | expire_stamp |
+-------------------------------------------+--------------+
| jmarin at operaciones.qnet.com.pe/INBOX.Spam |   1255701608 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

But when you run the command

/usr/local/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test

Displays the following message

Fatal: expire and expire_altmove settings not set

That may be happening?

Thanks

Jose Luis