[Dovecot] master:Error @2.0 TLS login, "Too large auth data_size sent"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 16 00:46:31 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 14:40 -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:10 PM, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+dovecot at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I'm rewriting this part of the code anyway. Maybe it works afterwards.
>
> hm ...  i was able to keep reproducing what i saw before.  but, things
> change a bit if i  reboot system, clean house, re-pull and re-build
> all ...

Oh, right, it most likely was because of
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/aa30fc7d771a and you didn't
recompile/reinstall all binaries.

> inbox=/data/mail/MailStore/Dovecot/Domains/my.domain.com/Accounts/testuser
> Oct 15 07:30:46 master: Error: service(imap): child 9653 killed with
> signal 11 (core dumps disabled)

Can you get gdb backtrace? Run "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting
dovecot, then it should write core file to user's home directory.
http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html