[Dovecot] is it possible to fetch messages for multiple users using a single account?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 16 03:36:07 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 19:31 +0100, Tony Smith wrote:
> It seems getmail supports multidrop retriever which might fit the
> bill. However I could not figure out how to set up an account that can
> be used to fetch all messages for all virtual accounts. Is it possible
> at all?

If I really wanted this, I'd set use master user logins. You still need
to log in separately to each account, but you can use the same password.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers

It would also be possible with v1.2 to share all users' mailboxes to a
single user, but that seems much more dangerous.