[Dovecot] dovecot-auth stops responding

Nathan M locu.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:08:21 EEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 12:22 -0700, Nathan M wrote:
>> The difference is we aren't doing PAM, we have it disabled.  We do SQL
>> authentication only.  Exact same symptoms, the server and all active
>> connections remain online; however, new connections coming in via
>> POP3/IMAP hang.  The connection is made, but the banner is never
>> shown.
>
> So killing dovecot-auth fixes the problem? What if you set
> login_process_per_connection=no?

Timo,  setting login_process_per_connection=no significantly stablized
the system.  It was locking up 3-4 times a day, and now it seems to
only lockup about once per month.  Still something wrong, but much
less significant.  I also need to update to the latest release when
time allows since two point releases have come out since this
discussion.

- N