[Dovecot] New backend

Aspra Flavius Adrian bhavacakra at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:38:48 EEST 2009

> Are you implementing a filesystem based backend or some database based
> backend?

It's going to be couchdb-based. Are you aware of any existing efforts
towards this direction? I'd be glad to give a helping hand.

Anyway, thanks for the information, I'll have a look at the API.

I've also found doc/wiki/Design.txt, is the information described there
still valid for version 2.x (with respect to the header files you
recommended me about, of course)? I would prefer to write my code
future-oriented, for 2.x.

I'm also going to use some external libs. Is it ok to link dynamically to
cURL and some other json library? (couchDB has a RESTful API).