[Dovecot] Unknown setting: driver

Rodolfo González González rgonzalez at gnt.cc
Tue Oct 20 00:37:18 EEST 2009

Hi,

the conversion from courier was done without problems, but now I have a
problem with my auth config. I followed the sql example included in the
latest dovecot source, and put

driver=mysql

in dovecot.conf (outside any section), and now I get:

---
Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 50:
Unknown setting: driver
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
Starting DovecotError: Error in configuration file
/usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 50: Unknown setting: driver
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
---

So I'm lost... what's wrong? if I followed the example :o

Then, another question: I had to go back to courier so my users still
can work, but I already created the files using the migration script: do
I need to rerun the migration script? or what do I need to do when I
manage to fix the error above and run dovecot?

Thanks.