[Dovecot] Need a little shadow to MySQL conversion help

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 20 18:07:49 EEST 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

> I'd say you need a static userdb. Something like this:

A couple of small things:

> passdb sql {
> args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
> }
>
> userdb static {
> args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/vmail/%Ld/%Ln allow_all_users=yes
> }

%Ld/%Ln at this point works for now, but maybe not in future. I'd have
passdb already change it lowercase. Also allow_all_users=yes isn't
required (but maybe not harmful) since passdb sql is used.

> password_query = SELECT password FROM view_users WHERE email='%u';

SELECT password, email AS user FROM ..

changes username to same case as it's in the database (so lowercase
probably) and there's no need to use %L anymore.