[Dovecot] HA Dovecot Config?

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Oct 21 20:56:06 EEST 2009

Quoting "Eric Jon Rostetter" <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>:
>
>> Anyone used FileReplicationPro?   I'm more interested in low
>> bandwidth, 'cheaper', replication.
>
> Might work for an active-failover setup, but since I use active-active I
> need something like DRBD instead.
>
> Personally I wouldn't trust it for cluster type situations, and I kind
> of doubt the authors would either though I could be wrong.
>
> Certainly a great choice for backups though...  Depending on your needs,
> it might work for a failover node...

They claim to be real-time, and with kernel hooks into reads/writes,
it seems promising to run on top of the OS..

http://www.filereplicationpro.com/sol-branch-office-sync.cfm

Maybe I should voice my assumption that a Maildir mailbox would only
be accessed from one server at a time, not both, and Dovecot indexes
would be local and not replicated.   And I suppose I'm assuming small
files - which is probably the biggest hole in this active/active theory.

Rick