[Dovecot] meaning of parameter imap_idle_notify_interval??

Ingo Thierack i.thierack at iwt-promotion.com
Wed Oct 21 22:28:31 EEST 2009

Hello,

is my understanding of the parameter "imap_idle_notify_interval" right,
if i say,
it's the time between two point where dovecot tells the client he is
here, and
sould have nothing directly todo with the notification of new mails arrived.

I played with the values around. And the courios is, in thunderbird the
folloing.

set to 30 seconds.

Thunderbird pop up around 25 seconds after the message is deliverd to
the inbox.

set to 60 seconds.

Thunderbird pup up around 50 seconds after the message is deliverd to
the inbox.

I switch over from archiveopteryx, where no such delay was.

Regards,
Ingo