[Dovecot] pop3-login: Fatal: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 5):

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 23 21:46:55 EEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 07:58:22PM +0200, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> Timo Sirainen ha scritto:
> >On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 11:44 +0200, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> >>This morning it happened another time, another time during the daily
> >>cron execution.
> >>
> >>Oct 22 06:26:57 server dovecot: pop3-login: Panic: Leaked file fd 5: dev
> >>0.12 inode 1005
> >
> >Can you apply the attached patch and see what it logs the next time it
> >happens?
> >

> I've applied the patch (with a little modification because i use
> managesieve)
>
> At this moment on all my systems I have a 1.2.6+2debug_patches and core
> dumps are enabled.
>
> Marco

It seems that whatever triggered the original problem on my system was
a fluke.

Since the first occurrence, I have run dovecot 1.2.5 continuously from
26 Sept through 7 Oct and dovecot 1.2.6 continuously from 7 Oct through
23 Oct without seeing the error again.

I have however applied the patch just in case it does recur.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,