[Dovecot] Multiple identities

Koenraad Lelong dovecot at ace-electronics.be
Tue Oct 27 10:11:51 EET 2009

Daniel L. Miller schreef:
> Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to debug this but dovecot does not help much. I tried
>> rawlog but there is no output (that I see) from it, no log-files in my
>> maildir.
>
> The act of copying outgoing mail to a "Sent" folder is not an automatic
> one - certainly not from the server's point of view.  Typically, this is
> implemented by the mail client - in this case, Thunderbird.  If you have
> not gone well out of your way to configure some kind of server-side
> script - it's going to be client-driven.
>
> Within Thunderbird, under "Manage Identities", "Copies & Folders", you
> can specify the "Sent" folder to use.  If using the default "Sent"
> folder results in a "INBOX.Sent", override the setting here and specify
> your correct folder.

Hi Daniel,

You are right ! I'm using Thunderbird for years now, and I didn't know
this existed :-/ ! I remember, for some reason I don't remember, for a
while I had to modify the main identity to use another Sent. When you
make a new identity this gets copied I think if you don't modify it
explicitely. That explains why new aliasses don't copy to INBOX.Sent.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.

P.S. any idea why rawlog doesn't work ? Where should to log-file be placed ?