[Dovecot] meaning of parameter imap_idle_notify_interval??

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 27 23:41:02 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 09:55 +0100, Ingo Thierack wrote:
> sorry to say, no change.
> Takes more then 2 minutes until tb register there is a new mail.
>
> I'm the only with this behavior?

At least only one who has noticed it..

> Could there be an problem with the inotify implementation in the
> CentOS-Kernel?

I doubt it, but you could try if the attached patch logs a line whenever
a new message arrives. If it does get logged and Dovecot doesn't send an
EXISTS line to Thunderbird immediately, there's a bug. If that does
happen, the next step could be to try it manually instead of using
Thunderbird, e.g.:

telnet localhost 143
a login username password
b select inbox