[Dovecot] antispam-plugin 1.2 and trailing carriage-returns

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Oct 28 09:02:05 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 19:28 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 22:20 +0200, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> > The mail that is being trained is different than its respective source
> > in the mbox file. The trained one shows added, trailing carriage-return
> > chars for all headers, which are not in the headers in the mbox file.
> >
> > This breaks sa-learn -- both these variations are different, and SA
> > would learn *both* when run against each one separately.
> >
> > How comes? Any insight?
>
> Probably because incoming mails have CRLF linefeeds. Antispam plugin
> could drop these by wrapping the mail_get_stream()'s returned input
> stream to i_stream_create_lf().

I'm not sure this is what we want -- shouldn't we keep it as pristine as
possible?

However, I don't understand Karsten anyway, which message is "the
trained one"? Karsten, please list the three relevant messages: the one
first handed to SA _before_ dovecot gets involved, the one stored, and
the one handed to SA via antispam.

johannes