[Dovecot] pop3-login: Fatal: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 5):

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 29 23:03:31 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

It looks like eventpoll uses the dynamic minor stuff (.minor =
MISC_DYNAMIC_MINOR), so it could well be that this is just what it got
on his system due to something else loading and requesting a dynamic
minor before eventpoll loaded. A better check (if one is necessary)
might be to see if the minor of the leaked device is different from the
minor of the epoll device right after creation.

> The core file is also pretty useless without the exact same binaries
and
> libraries that produced it.

RPMs are now in that directory.

> You could also set login_process_per_connection=no and this should go
> away, because then it only creates login processes at startup and
can't
> fail randomly later.

Are there any downsides to doing this?

-Brad