[Dovecot] How to see if sieve is active ?

Koenraad Lelong dovecot at ace-electronics.be
Fri Oct 30 12:21:32 EET 2009

Steffen Kaiser schreef:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Thomas Leuxner wrote:
>
>> put something in the LDA section like this to record the activities:
>
>>       log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
>>       info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
>
> The user deliver runs as probably may not write to this location, for
> testing you should chown a+rw these files or use syslog.

Hi,

This morning I enabled dovecot as virtual transport, and everything
seemed OK, until I got complaints ;-). After investigation I found that
when aliasses are mapped to multiple recipients I get following error :

Oct 30 09:25:19 lace3 postfix/pipe[19729]: 8A77E2D5B5B:
to=<some.body at some.where.org>, relay=dovecot, delay=2390,
delays=2390/0.04/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.5, status=deferred (mail system
configuration error)
Oct 30 09:25:19 lace3 postfix/pipe[19729]: warning: pipe flag `D'
requires dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

At the same time I made dovecot the virtual transport I did add :
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

This is what I use in postfix's master.cf :
dovecot	unix - n n - - pipe flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail
argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d $(recipient)

Dovecot logfiles don't show anything. The errors are in the postfix log.

Any help ?

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.