[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.11 + virtual plugin + deliver

Stef Simoens stef.simoens at numericable.be
Tue Apr 6 21:06:26 EEST 2010

Hello List and Timo,

I configured the virtual mailboxes which are really nice.

To create the virtual-folder, I made a postlogin-script as described in
the wiki.

However, as my mail is delivered by dovecot's deliver ... I'm getting
errors for people not yet logged in...

Namespace 'virtual.': virtual : Root mail directory doesn't exist:
/var/vmail/domain.org/username/virtual

I tried removing the virtual-plugin from the protocol lda-section; and
putting the namespace only in the protocol imap-section; but then the
error becomes

Namespace 'virtual.': Unknown mail storage driver virtual

After an IMAP login (thanks to the postlogin-script) the virtual folder
is created.
However, I would prefer that mails to existing users and new users works
even before they logged-in (and before the postlogin-script creates the
virtual folder).

Any help?

Greetings,

--