[Dovecot] Timeout Value

JackyC at umac.mo JackyC at umac.mo
Wed Apr 7 06:48:16 EEST 2010

> Oh, right, you're using NSS lookups instead of Dovecot's direct LDAP
> lookups. And the strace output shows it's calling poll(), but Dovecot
> was compiled to use epoll(). That means the problem is with your NSS
> configuration/libraries/whatever, nothing to do with Dovecot really.

How about to configure Dovecot to do LDAP lookups directly to isolate the
problem?
May I ask what is the different between poll() and epoll() ?

Yours Sincerely,
Jacky Chan

From:
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
To:
JackyC at umac.mo
Cc:
dovecot at dovecot.org
Date:
07/04/2010 上午 11:28
Re: [Dovecot] Timeout Value
Sent by:
dovecot-bounces+jackyc=umac.mo at dovecot.org

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 11:20 +0800, JackyC at umac.mo wrote:

> > At least for dovecot-auth -w it looks like it's doing an LDAP lookup
(or
> connect) in here. Maybe it keeps rapidly reconnecting to it all the
> time?.. Anything in Dovecot's error logs?
> I think we don't have many massive connection between our LDAP server
> since we have NSCD to cache the LDAP lookup result in local server.
> I am not quite sure LDAP lookup can explain but the 'dovecot-auth -w'
does
> eat 100% CPU when looking up LDAP at the last output of strace

Oh, right, you're using NSS lookups instead of Dovecot's direct LDAP
lookups. And the strace output shows it's calling poll(), but Dovecot
was compiled to use epoll(). That means the problem is with your NSS
configuration/libraries/whatever, nothing to do with Dovecot really.

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by JackyC/UMAC]