[Dovecot] Updating Database records from a Plugin

John O'Brien john at whitesmiths.com
Tue Aug 3 10:10:07 EEST 2010

Guys,

In the file /etc/dovecot-pgsql.conf I have
    driver = pgsql
    connect = host=localhost dbname=ivr.db user=ivr password=passwd
    default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
    password_query = SELECT password FROM embedded_device WHERE username='%u'
    user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid FROM embedded_device WHERE username='%u'

In the table embedded_device there is a field called PIN.

My plugin has the "user" and the "pin_value".
What I want to do from the plugin is the following:

UPDATE embedded_device SET PIN=pin_value
	WHERE username=user;

Questions:
Is there a way to locate the exiting database open connection?
Is there a way to use the dovecot sql API to set the value of field?

I have been looking for examples and have not been very successful.

Regards,

John