[Dovecot] OT dovecot w/postfix, mysql , postfix does unnecessary lookups

Wed Aug 4 13:48:55 EEST 2010

On 2010-08-03 6:53 PM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> Just an update for archives in case anyone else comes across it whilst
> debugging, they can just shrug it off as a postfix anomaly,
> I only had two replies to this post, but both of them are also seeing
> the same as I do, so nothing to worry about until postfix one decade
> accepts this as a bug :)

Wietse takes bugs very seriously. He does however require actual proof,
in the form of hard evidence, before he will take a bug report seriously.

I'll wager it is not a bug, but more likely a misunderstanding on your
part as to how postfix works, and postfix is doing precisely what you
are telling it to do.

Since postfix does not do SQL lookups directly, you need to execute the
commands that postfix will use to access your maps, provide *full*
config details, and finally full log examples of 'the anomalous
behavior' - otherwise it is just noise.

--

Best regards,

Charles