[Dovecot] Configure Dovecot to move read mails to another folder?

Steven Weiß steven.weiss1983 at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:06:14 EEST 2010

Hallo,

is it possible (with dovecot sieve?) to deliver incoming mails to the
default INBOX and then, when I have read the mail with Thunderbird,
automatically move it to another folder?

I know I could create filters in my mail client. But that has the
disadvantage that I would need to create these filters everywhere: on my
office PC, at home, webmail, ...

Also moving a mail from one folder to another marks the original mail as
deleted, at least in Thunderbird. Maybe other clients finally delete the
mail.

Therefore that would be really cool.

Another related problem for me is: how can I automatically move outgoing
mails to another folder? I created sieve-rules but it doesn't work - the
mails remain in the folder "sent-mail".

For example:

if address :domain :is "to" "somedomain.de" {
	fileinto "sent-mail.Somedomain";
	stop;
}

Greetings,