[Dovecot] Write a c program to access a mailbox as a system user using dovecot version 2 includes/libs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 6 17:29:55 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 10:16 -0400, Jonathan Siegle wrote:

> The end goal is for my Webmail client to access dovecot mailboxes.
> Does it make more sense to do the more traditional route of making
> Webmail an IMAP client?

Yes. There's almost zero performance benefit for accessing mails via
lib-storage than just accessing via IMAP. Also Dovecot's lib-storage API
changes every time minor version changes, so you'd have to keep updating
your code once in a while. (For v2.1 API I'm hoping to add support for
async calls and using UTF-8 mailbox names everywhere.)