[Dovecot] Impossible to share INBOX with other users

Daniel Stoye stoyedaz at cms.hu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 9 14:48:44 EEST 2010

On 08/04/10 18:45, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 17:40 +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I couldn't reproduce this. What's your dovecot -n output now?
>> What's the minimal sharing setup you can reproduce this with? (User foo
>> sees shared mailboxes
>
> Uh. "User foo sees NO shared mailboxes"
>
>> -> SETACL INBOX foo +lr -> foo now sees \Noselect
>> shared INBOX?)

Hi,

i still have a problem, regarding thunderbird 3.1.2 and dovecot rc4,
i don't know if this behavior is wanted,
but the lsub command seems to be the cause of my problems:

user2:

1 login user2 passOfUser2
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS ACL RIGHTS=texk
1 OK You are so in
1 list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "AutoCleanSpam"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
1 OK List completed.
1 setacl inbox user1 ilrws
1 OK Setacl complete.
1 getacl inbox
* ACL "inbox" "user1" ilrws "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 getacl drafts
* ACL "drafts" "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 setacl drafts user1 ilrws
1 NO Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
1 setacl Drafts user1 ilrws
1 OK Setacl complete.
1 logout
* BYE Logging out
1 OK Logout completed.
read:errno=0

user1:

1 login user1 passOfUser1
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS ACL RIGHTS=texk
1 OK You are so in
1 list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "AutoCleanSpam"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX"
1 OK List completed.
2 lsub "" "*"
* LSUB () "/" "AutoCleanSpam"
* LSUB () "/" "Trash"
* LSUB () "/" "Sent"
* LSUB () "/" "Drafts"
* LSUB () "/" "INBOX"
* LSUB () "/" "FremdeOrdner/user2/Drafts"
2 OK Lsub completed.
3 myrights "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX"
* MYRIGHTS "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" lrwsi
3 OK Myrights completed.
4 list "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" "*"
4 OK List completed.
5 status "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" (UIDNEXT MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
* STATUS "FremdeOrdner/user2/INBOX" (MESSAGES 1 RECENT 1 UIDNEXT 2 UNSEEN 1)
5 OK Status completed.
6 logout
* BYE Logging out
6 OK Logout completed.
read:errno=0

The dovecot config:
mail_access_groups: sysdov
mail_privileged_group: sysdov
mail_uid: sysdov
mail_gid: sysdov
mail_location:
dbox:~/dbox:INDEX=/addons/index/%u:CONTROL=~/control:LAYOUT=fs
mail_plugins: autocreate  expire acl imap_acl
namespace:
   type: private
   separator: /
   inbox: yes
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes
namespace:
   type: shared
   separator: /
   prefix: FremdeOrdner/%%u/
   location: dbox:%%h/dbox:CONTROL=~/control/FremdeOrdner/%%u:LAYOUT=fs
   list: yes
plugin:
acl_shared_dict: file:/addons/acl/shared-folder

The second thing with the Drafts folder is not important to me,
but the explanation is:

LOG:
Aug 09 13:20:09 imap(user2): Error:
file_dotlock_open(/home/u/user2/maildir/drafts/dovecot-acl) failed: No
such file or
directory

But:

root at mail: cat /home/u/user2/maildir/Drafts/dovecot-acl
user=user1 ilrws

It seems, that only on the Drafts-folder, the folder name is case sensitive:

1 getacl Drafts
* ACL "Drafts" "user1" ilrws "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 getacl drafts
* ACL "drafts" "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 getacl inbox
* ACL "inbox" "user1" ilrws "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 getacl INBOX
* ACL "INBOX" "user1" ilrws "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.
1 getacl Inbox
* ACL "Inbox" "user1" ilrws "user2" lrwstipekxacd
1 OK Getacl completed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel