[Dovecot] create Sub-Subfolders

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Mon Aug 9 18:40:38 EEST 2010

On 8/9/10 5:21 PM Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 17:02 +0200, Richard Gliebe wrote:
>
>> when a user tries to create a sub-subfolder in Archiv, he gets the message:
>>
>> "Mailbox doesn't allow inferior mailboxes"
>
> Like Phill said, the problem is mbox format. If you don't want to switch
> away from it, you can still create Archiv/stuff, if you just don't first
> create Archiv as a mailbox. In IMAP protocol terms you need to:
>
> Create Archiv/ directory to filesystem:
> 1 CREATE Archiv/
> Create the mailbox file:
> 2 CREATE Archiv/child
>
> The 1 step is actually optional. In any case you can probably do both in
> the client UI as well by just adding the '/' manually.

thanks for the hint with mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir.
Creating sub and sub-subfolders works.

but now, when I'm sending an email from user1 at ourdomain.at to
user2 at ourdomain.at, the mail is delivered to the users mailbox in
/var/spool/mail/<user2>.

How to I tell sendmail to deliver the mails to the right users Inbox
(~/Maildir)?

We are using
# yum list | grep -i sendmail
sendmail.x86_64		8.13.8-8.el5	installed
sendmail-cf.x86_64	8.13.8-8.el5	installed

many thanks
Richard