[Dovecot] v2.0.0 released

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Aug 17 03:38:45 EEST 2010

>> So that stops me while I figure out what the issue is with imap-match.h
>> and/or imap-match.c in the Solaris world while using Sun Studio 11.
>
>    Works fine here with the 12.1 compiler.  Solaris 10 on UltraSPARC,
> current patches, on both the OS and the compilers.  My CFLAGS:
>
>    -fast -xtarget=ultra3 -m32 -xarch=sparcvis2

The is ye ol'production Solaris 8 and thus Sun Studio 11 is needed.
Problem solved simply by using GCC 4.5.1 from Blastwave ( of course ).

Question for you: why would you use -m32 with an -xarch=sparcvis2 ?  Why
not go for greatest possible portability and range of processors with
something like this :

CFLAGS=-m32 -Qy -Xa -xbuiltin=%none -xnolibmil -xnolibmopt -xcode=pic32
-xildoff -xregs=no%appl -xs -xstrconst -D_TS_ERRNO

If you feel like some optimization then chuck in -xO3 and -xdepend however
I'd test the resultant bins from a basic compile first.

Just my 0.02

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris