[Dovecot] v2.0.0 released

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Aug 17 03:44:10 EEST 2010

> On 17.8.2010, at 1.28, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>
>> *** Warning: Linking the shared library lib30_imap_zlib_plugin.la
>> against
>> the loadable module
>> *** lib20_zlib_plugin.so is not portable!
>>
>> Not too sure what is up with that but I'll look into it.
>
> That's normal. It doesn't need to be portable.

In that case ... awesome :-)

I'll let you know when I get packages into testing QC and then for
release. However I am going to rename the package to dovecot2 in order to
separate it from dovecot 1.x installs. My idea there is to allow the user
to continue with the dovecot 1.x line in the event of patch updates and
further releases from that tree ( like dovecot 1.2.13 ) while also
maintaining the ver 2.x family.  However I don't think I'll support
multiple instances of dovecot ( regardless of version ) in the same
Solaris zone. If the user wants that then they can do all the uid/pid
hackery themselves.

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris