[Dovecot] v2.0.0 released

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Aug 17 16:34:14 EEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
Date: Monday, August 16, 2010 6:31 pm
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] v2.0.0 released
> On 16.8.2010, at 23.25, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>
> > "imap-match.c", line 199: identifier redeclared: imap_match_dup
>
> I think someone reported this problem earlier .. but I'm not sure.
> Anyway I've no idea why it would complain about this.
>
> > So that stops me while I figure out what the issue is with imap-match.h
> > and/or imap-match.c in the Solaris world while using Sun Studio 11.
>
> I heard it compiles ok with Sun Studio 12.1.

Seems to compile fine with GCC 4.5.1 and binutils 2.20.1.20100303.

However the install process then fails repeatedly.

Any thoughts on this ?

http://www.blastwave.org/docs/dovecot_2.0.0_install-FAIL.txt

The same log with numbers lines is here :

http://www.blastwave.org/docs/dovecot_2.0.0_install-FAIL-N.txt

Where I see on line 354 :

libtool: install: ../.././install-sh -c .libs/auth /opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/auth

Which sure looks like the file auth being copied into place and then right after we get a failure :

libtool: install: ../.././install-sh -c .libs/checkpassword-reply /opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/checkpassword-reply
test -z "/opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/auth" || ../.././install-sh -c -d "/opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/auth"
mkdir: "/opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/auth": Exists but is not a directory
mkdir: "/opt/csw/libexec/dovecot/auth": Exists but is not a directory

On line 372 onwards I try again with a whole new compile and install fails again.

I think the compile went fine but getting the results into place on the filesystem is turning out to be a real chore. Certainly not "make install" simple.

Dennis