[Dovecot] \" character in folder name results in strange LIST

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 17 20:40:00 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 19:31 +0200, Samuel Kvasnica wrote:
> Well, given the fact it is listed ONLY if using LAYOUT=fs (if using
> normal maildir layout it works correclty) it IS definitely a dovecot bug.
> Whatever the correct behavior is, the result should not depend on
> setting LAYOUT=fs => this is not consistent.

There are other differences between LAYOUT=fs and LAYOUT=maildir++, not
just that one. I guess ideally there wouldn't be any, but for now
LAYOUT=maildir++ works the way Courier/Cyrus does, and LAYOUT=fs works
the way UW-IMAP does. I'm not going to change that at least before v2.1.

> With this bug, I absolutely cannot operate thunderbirds on dovecot in
> such setup (delete, move, rename wont work), so again a big showstopper. :-(
>
> imap_client_workaround does not seem to be related, at least not with
> maildir + Layout=fs

What errors does it give with that workaround enabled? Because it should
have fixed your previous errors:

> 12 subscribe "Trash/aaa/"
> 12 NO Invalid mailbox name: Trash/aaa/   <=== non-existing child folder,
> ERROR
> 13 unsubscribe "aaa/"
> 13 NO Invalid mailbox name: aaa/ <=== non-existing child folder, ERROR

x subscribe Trash/aa/
x OK Subscribe completed.

x unsubscribe Trash/aa/
x OK Unsubscribe completed.