[Dovecot] REpeated e-mail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 18 18:16:54 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 20:53 -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> Using 1.2.11
>
> I am getting some people repeating that they are getting repeated POP3 e-mails.

Outlook users?

> mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

There are two possibilities:

1) Outlook POP3 sometimes just seems to redownload mails. At least no
one's shown me that it's due to a Dovecot bug.

2) Default UIDL is based on IMAP UIDs. With mbox format there have
sometimes been some bugs where the IMAP UIDs change, causing messages to
be redownloaded. You could try to verify this..

With v2.0 it's a bit easier to debug this by adding %u to
pop3_logout_format.