[Dovecot] dovecot-lda logging

Nishant Limbachia tuxrules.in at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:50:12 EEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> It doesn't matter. The files are split only for readability.

I've removed the the following from 10-logging.conf and kept it in
15-lda.conf.  I've also restart dovecot after the change.

protocol lda {
 log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
 info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
}

> It works with me. What does this say:
>
> doveconf -f service=lda|grep log_path

debug_log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log

Not sure why it shows twice.

Since I was having postfix delivery problem, I had changed dovecot.log
perms to 0666 and all was well.  After adding the lda logging, I've
changed back the perms on /var/log/dovecot.log to 0600 and instantly I
get the postfix permission denied message.

/var/log/dovecot-lda.log is mode 0666.
/var/log/dovecot.log is mode 0600.

Thanks Timo