[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2 and quota_rules from AD

Christian Lyra lyra at pop-pr.rnp.br
Thu Aug 19 20:58:50 EEST 2010

Hi,

I have some news about my problem with quotaMail field.

>> ldap(testeti at teste.mydomain): result:
>> sAMAccountName(mail=maildir:/var/vmail/%$/Maildir)=maildir:/var/vmail/testeti/Maildir
>
> But LDAP returns only sAMAccountName, not quotaMail field. So either
> that field doesn't exist in LDAP or it doesn't exist for this user or
> the DN you use to access LDAP doesn't have permissions to it. Or
> something else, in any case the problem isn't with Dovecot
> configuration.

The problem is with the "something" else. I´m using port 3268 to
connect to AD. I used ldapsearch to reproduce the problem, and found
that if I use port 389 the quotaMail shows up, but using port 3268 it
didnt. I guess that there was a good reason to use port 3268 instead
of 389, or not? Should I just change ports or try to fix AD (i mean,
persuade the AD admin to fix it)?

--
Christian Lyra
PoP-PR/RNP