[Dovecot] 1.2.13 QRESYNC crash.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 23 19:33:42 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 15:40 +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Whops. Looks like I read the RFC a bit wrong. Fixed in v2.0 and v1.2
> hg now. I guess I should release 1.2.14 then. Could you try that the
> fix works properly? At least it doesn't give any errors anymore.
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/7e959d397a35

Looks like it's working; thanks. Tested against 1.2.13.

And thanks for not (yet) making it reject the invalid command with the
1:* in it -- I'll need to come up with a strategy for migrating to the
'correct' command on the client side, given that older versions of
dovecot won't accept it.

I'll probably make the Evolution client code start off by trying the
correct command, and then retry with the bogus '1:*' if that fails.

I don't really want to just 'fix' the client and let people get errors
with older versions of Dovecot, even though QRESYNC support is optional.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation