[Dovecot] Configuration Update From v1.x To v2.0.1-2

David lists at edeca.net
Thu Aug 26 22:52:48 EEST 2010

  On 26/08/2010 20:46, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Timo Sirainen<tss at iki.fi>  wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:52 -0400, Carlos Mennens wrote:
>>> The list was much longer but I was able to self resolve them. I was
>>> wondering if someone here can assist me in converting my
>>> 'dovecot.conf' file?
>> doveconf -n>  dovecot-new.conf
>
> I ran that command and unless I am missing something...it didn't help.
>
> [root at mail conf.d]# doveconf -n>  dovecot-new.conf
> doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:12:
> add auth_ prefix to all settings inside auth {} and remove the auth {}
> section completely
The command Timo gave you writes out the new configuration to
dovecot-new.conf.  You need

I recommend you backup your existing configuration first, then try and
replace it.  Like so:

$ cd /etc/dovecot/
$ cp dovecot.conf dovecot.conf-backup-v1
$ dovecot -n > dovecot-new.conf
(compare dovecot-new.conf, make sure it looks sane)
$ mv dovecot-new.conf dovecot.conf

Now restart the daemon.  It is very important that you backup the
existing configuration in case and also that you think about what each
command does before entering it.

David