[Dovecot] Is there a way to catch mailbox and message flag changes?

John O'Brien john at whitesmiths.com
Fri Aug 27 11:05:19 EEST 2010

Guys,

We have been trying to establish if there is a way to get some type of notification from Dovecot when a message is appended to a mailbox or when a message has its flags updated.

These are the 2 use cases:
A message is appended to the mailbox "/Watch", we want to trigger "processing" of the message immediately it arrives.
A message in the "Inbox" has its status changed from Unseen to Seen, we want to trigger some code to indicate the message has been "processed".

Regards,

John